IN the category of phablets, HTC has launched HTC Desire 816 with Dual SIM support in India for a price of Rs. 23,990. HTC Desire 816 was announced during the Mobile World congress 2014 and it’s making the Indian debut now. It sports a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and is powered by 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor supported by 1.5 GB of RAM.
In terms of operating system, it runs the latest version of Android i.e. Android 4.4 (KitKat) along with HTC Sense 6.0 on top of it. In terms of Camera, it comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
In terms of Storage, it comes with 8 GB internal memory along with support for expandable memory with micro SD.
The device is powered by a battery of 2600 mAh capacity.
HTC Desire 816 specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- CPU: 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1.5GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory, expandable memory with micro SD
- OS: Android 4.4 (KitKat) with HTC Sense 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p HD recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera, 720p HD recording
- Dual SIM Support
- 7.99mm thick and weighs 165 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS with a-GPS
- 2600 mAh battery