ZTE has officially launched its 2016 flagship phone, the ZTE Axon 7, in China. The phone is one of the first, to support Daydream, the mobile VR technology which Google unveiled at the recently concluded I/O 2016 developer conference.
The Axon 7 sports a 5.5-inch 1440p WQHD AMOLED display, with 2.5D Glass. The phone runs on MiFavor4.0 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor clocked at 2.15GHz.
The ZTE Axon 7 comes in two variants: a standard one with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, and a premium one with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. Additionally the premium version also has Force Touch. Both variants support up to 128 GB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot.
The photography options on the Axon 7 includes a 21 megapixels rear camera with Phase Detect Auto Focus, closed-loop instant autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization, F1.8 aperture, and an 8 megapixels front camera. The device sports a rear facing Fingerprint scanner, Dual front speakers with Dolby Atmos Surround Sound, and a USB Type C connector.
Connectivity options include G LTE, 3G, 2G, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and more. The ZTE Axon 7 has a full metal design, and is backed by a 3250mAh battery with support for Quick Charge 3.0.
ZTE Axon 7 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch, 2560*1440, WQHD AMOLED, 2.5D
- Operating System: MiFavor4.0 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Processor: Quad-Core 2.15GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Memory: 4 GB/6 GB RAM
- Storage: 64 GB/128 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 21 megapixels, PDAF + closed-loop instant autofocus, OIS (optical image stabilization), F1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 megapixels
- Audio: Dual Hi-Fi chipset AK4961 + AK4490, Dual speaker, Dolby Atmos Surround Sound
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE, CDMA, GSM, Wi-Fi, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 3250mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- Scanner: Fingerprint scanner, Fingerprint 3.0 recognition
- Dimensions: 151.7×75×7.9 mm
- Weight: 175g
The ZTE Axon 7 will be available in two colors: Ion Gold and Quartz Gray.