Xolo has launched a new smartphone in India.
The phone is called the Xolo Black.
Display and Design:
It flaunts a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) IPS Display with a pixel density of 401 PPI, OGS (One Glass Solution). The phone is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on both the front and the back, and has rounded edges, and an oleophobic coating on the rear which makes it resistant to fingerprint and grease.
It has a soft breathing light for notifications, built in to the power button.
The Xolo Black runs on Android Lollipop with HIVE Atlas on Top.
- Material Design UI
- Underground – Secure space for storing private apps and data.
- Reading mode
- Comet Browser: Enables Desktop-like browsing, saving up to 90% data, and even works with weak networks, and saves the battery too.
Processor, RAM, and Storage:
The Xolo Black is powered by a 1.5 GHz 64-bit octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, with 2GB RAM and an Adreno 405 GPU (550 Mhz). It comes with 16GB of internal storage, and supports up to 32GB of expandable memory via the Hybrid NANO SIM slot.
Camera – Rear:
The Xolo Black sports Dual Rear Cameras, the primary snapper is 13 Megapixels, and a 2 Mega pixel lens helps in super-fast focus and depth mapping for post-capture image processing.
The rear cameras support the following features:
- UbiFocus- Focus and refocus objects even after the image has been captured.
- Fast Focus – 0.15 sec autofocus time
- ChromaFlash – Allows the lens to retain natural colors and skin tones even in low light conditions.
- OptiZoom – Improved Clarity for Zoomed images.
- Photo Studio – powered by Adobe is integrated in the Xolo Black’s image gallery, and provides a plethora of editing options.
- Image Stabilization, Auto Scene detection & tuning,High Dynamic Range (HDR),Face recognition(For focussing as well as in Gallery),Red eye,Geo tagging removal,Panorama capture, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL), etc.
- Full HD Recording – 1080p videos.
Camera – Front:
The phone has a 5 megapixel camera with wide angle lens and flash for selfies in low light conditions.
In terms of connectivity, the device supports Wi-Fi, GSM, WCDMA, LTE (FDD 1800 and TDD 2300), GPS, A-GPS, Glonass, USB 2.0, and USB OTG. The Xolo Black comes with a slew of sensors: Accelerometer, Magnetometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope, Hall Effect Sensor and Proximity Sensor.
Dimensions, Battery, and SIM cards:
The phone measures 155.5 x 76.6 x 7.3 mm in dimensions, and us backed by a 3,200 mAh battery. It is a dual SIM phone which supports a Micro SIM and a NANO SIM.
Pricing and availability:
Xolo Black has been priced at Rs. 12,999, and will be available exclusively via online retailer , Flipkart, starting on 13th July, 2015.
Xolo is prioritizing its earlier customers, who will be able to buy the phone, a day earlier, i.e July 12th. Registrations for “XOLO First” begins at 4:00 PM on 10th July and runs till 8:00 PM on 11th July.