Xiaomi is prepping to launch a new tablet in India. The Xiaomi Pad 5 is set to debut on April 27th in the Country.
The tablet sports a 11-inches 2.5K LCD display with a 120Hz refresh rate, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core processor clocked at 2.96GHz, and an Adreno 640 graphics processing unit.
The Xiaomi Pad 5 runs on MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, and has 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM, with 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage. The device packs a massive 8720mAh battery that supports 33W Wired Fast Charging, over a USB Type-C port.
The Pad 5 sports a 13MP camera on the rear and has an 8MP selfie camera. It supports WiFi 5 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity options. The tablet does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack, but has 4 speakers, and supports Dolby Atmos. Sensors on the handheld include an Ambient Light Sensor, an Acceleration Sensor, a Gyroscope, an Electronic Compass and a Hall Sensor.
The Xiaomi Pad 5 weighs 511g, and measures 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85mm. It is expected to be available in 2 colour options: Cosmic Gray and Pearl White.
Xiaomi Pad 5 specs
- Display: 11-inch 2.5K LCD WQHD+ 2560 x 1600 pixels, 275 PPI, 120Hz refresh rate, P3 color gamut, HDR10, 8bit + 2bit, 1500:1 Contrast ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core 2.96GHz
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Memory: 6GB RAM LPDDR4x
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Battery: 8720mAh 33W Wired Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 13MP
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: WiFi 5 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0
- Audio: Quad Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Ambient Light Sensor | Acceleration Sensor | Gyroscope | Electronic Compass | Hall Sensor
- Dimensions: 254.69 x 166.25 x 6.85mm
- Colours: Cosmic Gray and Pearl White
Xiaomi Pad 5 expected price in India
The tablet was launched starting at 349 Euros in Europe. So we expect the Xiaomi Pad 5 price in India to be around Rs. 30,000. The Chinese OEM could also announce the Pad 5 Pro alongside the regular model. Xiaomi will also launch a new flagship phone called the Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G in India, on the same day as the tablet.