Xiaomi has launched its much awaited flagship phone, the Xiaomi Mi 5, today in India.
You may be aware that the device was officially announced, a month ago, at the MWC 2016 tech show in Barcelona as well as in an event in China.
The Mi 5 comes in three variants varying in RAM (LPDDR4), internal storage, and processor speed.
4GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage and a 2.15 GHz CPU
3GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage and a 2.15 GHz CPU
3GB RAM, 32 GB of internal storage and a 1.8 GHz CPU
All three variants of the Xiaomi Mi 5 are powered by a 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor and an Adreno 530 GPU. The phone sports a 5.2 inch Full HD 1080p display and runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 has a front facing fingerprint scanner embedded in the physical home button. The Mi 5 features a 16 megapixel rear camera with Dual LED Flash, OIS (Optical Image Stabilization), PDAF (Phase Detect Auto Focus) and a Sony IMX298 sensor. The main camera is capable of recording 4K videos. The selfie lens is a 4 megapixel ultrapixel front camera.
In terms of connectivity the phone supports 4G LTE, VoLTE, NFC, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Infrared and has a USB Type-C connector. The Mi 5 is backed by a 3000 mAh battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The device has a full metal body, and still only weighs 129g.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Technical Specifications
- Display : 5.15 inch Full HD display with curved glass with 600 nits brightness
- CPU : Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core processor
- GPU : Adreno 530
- RAM & Storage : 3GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB (UFS 2.0) variant and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) Variant
- OS : Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- SIM : Dual SIM
- Camera : 16 MP rear, with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording and 4 MP front with 2 um (micro m) pixel size
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55 × 69.2 × 7.25 mm
- Weight: 129 gms
- Connectivity : 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery : 3,000 mAh (embedded)with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5 (3GB/32GB) has been priced at Rs 24,999 in India, and will be available exclusively on Mi.com/in from April 6th in India. Xiaomi is offering a special scheme called Mi Protect, which protects the phone against accidental damage for 1 year .
Xiaomi has not announced any news about the 4GB RAM + 64GB variant in India. Considering that the Mi 5 has a price tag of Rs. 24999, 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage with no SD card, will you buy the device?