Just sometime back, Facebook got hold of Whatsapp for a whopping 19 billion dollars. Today, Whatsapp pushed an update to its Android app bringing new privacy settings and features. The update brings new privacy settings letting the user control his/her “last seen, profile photo and status” much better.
Using the new privacy control, you can hide your “last seen” details from your friends or everyone else or you can let everyone see it (this is the default settings though). Similarly you can control, who can see your profile picture visibility from your friends or everyone else.
- new privacy settings for last seen, profile photo and status
- add Camera shortcut for quicker picture sending
- add ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service
- add large video thumbnails in chat
- add option to show unread messages on home screen widget (Android 3.0+)
- add option to share/save profile photo/group icon
- increase message history user can send
- fix sending flag emoji on Sony phones
- fix voice note recording volume on Samsung Note 3 and Sony phones
- enabled Hindi (Android 4.1+)
Apart from privacy features, this update adds the ability to pay for a friend’s WhatsApp service from your own account and device. Also, it adds some other features like Camera shortcut, large video thumbnails in chat, enabled hindi support and much more. Just grab the update and enjoy the new features.
[appbox googleplay com.whatsapp]