As expected Vivo has announced a new mid-range smartphone i.e. Vivo X21 at a launch event in China. The company has announced two variants of the device with the first variant coming with normal fingerprint sensor while the second variant comes with an in-display fingerprint sensor. Rest of the specifications for both the variants is same.
Vivo X21 sports a 6.28-inch Full HD+(2280 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 Super AMOLED display, powered by Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform along with 6GB of RAM. It comes with two variants of storage for the standard variant i.e. 64GB & 128GB while the in-display fingerprint sensor variant only comes with 128GB of internal storage. It runs on Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) operating system.
In terms of camera, Vivo X21 features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 12MP + 5MP dual camera sensors with LED flash along with f/1.8 + f/2.4 aperture while on the front it comes with a 12MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture. The phone is backed by a 3200mAh battery which comes with support for fast charging.
Check out some Vivo X21 Handson images at our Forum.
Vivo X21 specifications
- Display: 6.28-inch Full HD+(2280 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 Super AMOLED display
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD), Fingerprint / In-display Fingerprint sensor, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- OS: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Main Camera: 12MP + 5MP dual camera with LED flash, f/1.8 + f/2.4 aperture
- Front Camera: 12MP with f/2.0 aperture, IR fill light
- Dimensions: 154.45 × 74.78 × 7.37mm
- Weight: 156.2g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Battery: 3200mAh with fast charging
The Vivo X21 will be available in colour options such as Black, Aurora White and Ruby Red. Vivo X21 is priced at 2898 yuan (US$ 460 / Rs. 30,000) for the 64GB variant while the 128 GB variant is priced at 3198 yuan (US$ 510 / Rs. 32,000). Whereas the X21 with in-display fingerprint sensor with 128GB storage is priced at 3598 yuan (US$ 570 / Rs. 36,000).