TomTom have released their Android Navigation app for India.
This app covers more than 7,200 cities and towns across India.
And the best part, it is designed to work both offline/online and uses their own maps. TomTom provide quarterly updates for their maps.
TomTom Navigation offers various options such as – Voice instructions, Route calculation, Day/Night mode, etc.
- Fully off-line and navigable map letting you access high-resolution maps with or without network connection with fast offline loading and routing.
- FREE Lifetime maps update
- IQ Routes. The fastest routes, the most accurate and reliable arrival times at all times of day.
- Multitasking support. Clear turn-by-turn guidance while taking a call on the phone.
- Seamless Integration Android contacts.
- Advanced Lane Guidance when navigating difficult junctions.
- Spoken Street Names, spoken instructions.
- support for Landmark Navigation search.
The app should work on all devices running Android 2.2 or above, including Android tablets. The app however, requires over 900MB of free storage space on your device’s memory card, 960MB to be precise.
Now, the price is the concerning part. It costs 2,050 INR.
Yes you read that right. I am not sure how they will be selling it at such a high price, when Google offers their Navigation services for free.
You can buy TomTom for India from:
Please drop a comment below if you buy the app.