Samsung has just unveiled the LTE-A variant of the Galaxy S5 (or rumored Galaxy S5 Prime) in South Korea. Galaxy S5 LTE-A becomes the first smartphone to be powered by the 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 processor and also to feature download speeds up to 225 Mbps.
In terms of RAM, Galaxy S5 LTE-A handset features 3GB of RAM along with 32GB of internal storage, along with support for microSD cards up to 128GB.
Samsung Galaxy S5 broadband LTE-A Specifications
- Display : 5.1-inch Super AMOLED with 2560 x1440 pixels resolution
- CPU: 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 805 with Adreno 420 GPU
- RAM : 3GB
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Camera : 16MP rear camera with LED Flash along with 2.1MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions : 142.0 x 72.5 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 145g
- Storage : 32 GB internal memory, expandable upto 128GB with microSD
- Connectivity : 4G LTE-A (up to 225 Mbps) / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth v4.0 LE, GPS
- Battery : 2800 mAh
Price and Availability
The Galaxy S5 LTE-A will be available later this week in South Korea from carrier SK Telecom for 940,500 won (US$920), and later will be launched on carriers KT and LG U+.
Samsung is yet to reveal any info on whether Galaxy S5 LTE-A will be released in other countries like US or India, or not. For the moment, it is available only in South Korea.