We have started to hear rumors about Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie being released during the next Google I/O event scheduled in May 2013, considering the fact that Android 4.1 Jelly Bean was announced in Google I/O 2012 event. Usually Nexus devices are first to get the Android updates and OEMs after them. Samsung being one of the biggest Android OEMs having loads of devices released this year which may get this update.
Going by SamMobile reports based on an insider source, Samsung Galaxy S III, S4 and Note devices are going to get Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update after Google releases it, though the report doesnt talk about any time frame for the updates to actually reach those devices.
Here is the preliminary list of devices (More devices can be added in this list) that may get the Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update, though not confirmed by Samsung:
- GT-I9300 – Galaxy S III
- GT-I9305 – Galaxy S III LTE
- GT-I9500 – Galaxy S 4
- GT-I9505 – Galaxy S 4 LTE
- GT-N5100 – Galaxy Note 8.0
- GT-N5105 – Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE
- GT-N5110 – Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
- GT-N7100 – Galaxy Note II
- GT-N7105 – Galaxy Note II LTE
- GT-N8000 – Galaxy Note 10.1
- GT-N8005 – Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE
- GT-N8010 – Galaxy Note 10.1 Wi-Fi
Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie will be a major update from Google over the Jelly Bean Pie compared with Jelly Bean 4.2 with many new additional features and improvements. We at AndroidPure, will keep you updated with any updates as and when they happen.