After numerous leak & rumours, Samsung has finally made Galaxy Note8 official at a launch event in New York. Galaxy Note8 is the successor of ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 and marks a new chapter for Samsung. Samsung Galaxy Note8 sports a 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution, having a pixel density of 522ppi and 18.5:9 aspect ratio, similar to what we have seen in Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+.
Galaxy Note8 is powered by 2.35GHz 10nm octa-core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor in U.S) along with 6GB of LPDDR4 RAM. It comes with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage up to 256GB with microSD card and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) based operating system.
Galaxy Note8 is first flagship device from Samsung that comes with a dual rear camera. It features a 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens and another secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, 2x optical zoom. Both the camera sensors come with optical Image stabilisation OIS. On the front, it comes with an 8MP auto-focus front-shooter with the f/1.7 aperture having the wide-angle lens. It features Hybrid Dual SIM and comes with water and dust resistance (IP68).
Samsung Galaxy Note8 specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution, 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 with Adreno 540 GPU / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4
- Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB , expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Water and dust resistant (IP68), S Pen
- Main Camera: 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS and secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- Front Shooter: 8MP auto-focus front-shooter with f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Heart Rate, Proximity, RGB Light, Iris, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 195g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 3300mAh with fast charging on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)
Samsung Galaxy Note8 will be available in Midnight Black, Maple Gold, Orchid Grey and Deep Sea Blue colour options and will be available globally starting mid-September, while in the United States, it will be available for pre-order starting August 24th through carriers with shipping from September 15th.