Samsung has launched a new 5G phone called the Samsung Galaxy M53 5G. The device debuted a few weeks ago on Samsung’s website, but the company announced it officially today.
The mobile is equipped with a 6.7-inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED Plus display with a 120Hz Infinity Refresh Rate, and runs on One UI 4.1 based on Android 12, secured by Samsung Knox.
The Samsung Galaxy M53 5G is powered by a MediaTek Dimensity 900 octa-core processor clocked at 2.4GHz. The smartphone has 6GB of RAM, 128GB of storage, and supports up to 1TB of additional memory via a microSD card slot.
The selfie lens on the phone is a 32 megapixels snapper with an f/2.2 aperture lens. The quad camera array on the rear panel consists of a 108MP primary sensor with an f/1.8 lens, an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP f/2.4 macro lens, a 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor, and an LED Flash.
Samsung has packed a 5,000 mAh battery in the Galaxy M53 5G, which supports 25W Fast Charging via a USB Type-C port. Sadly, the company won’t be including a charger in the box. The handset supports 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G+5GHz), and Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity.
The phone measures 77.0 x 164.7 x 7.4mm, and weighs 176g. Images on Samsung’s website reveals the mobile in three colour options: Blue, Brown and Green. Sensors on the Samsung Galaxy M53 5G include an Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor, and a Proximity Sensor.
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G specs
- Display: 6.7” FHD+ Super AMOLED Plus,120Hz Infinity Refresh Rate
- Operating System: One UI 4.1 based on Android 12, Samsung Knox
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 900 Octa-core (2×2.4GHz + 6x2GHz)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + up to 1TB via microSD card slot
- Connectivity: 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4G+5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2
- Main Cameras: 108MP, f/1.8 + 8MP ultra-wide angle f/2.2 aperture + 2MP f/2.4 macro lens + 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP f/2.2
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 25W Fast Charging (Charger not included)
- Dimensions: 77.0 x 164.7 x 7.4mm
- Weight: 176g
- Colours: Blue, Brown and Green
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
Samsung Galaxy M53 5G price in India
Samsung has priced the Galaxy M53 5G starting at Rs. 26,499 in India for the 6GB/128GB trim, while the 8GB/128GB model carries a price tag of Rs. 28,499. The device comes in 2 colourways: Blue and Green. It will be available for purchase from Samsung’s online store and Amazon at 12PM on April 29th.
Samsung is offering an instant discount of Rs. 2,500 instant discount for purchases made using an ICICI Bank credit card or EMI transaction.