The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has been launched in India, alongside the Galaxy A73 5G. Let’s take a look at the lighter of the two models.
The phone features a 6.4-inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U display with a water-drop notch to house the 13MP f/2.2 selfie lens. The screen supports a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, has an in-display fingerprint reader and is protected by a layer of Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The main camera system on the rear panel comprises a 48 megapixels f/1.8 sensor that supports Optical Image Stabilization with 10x Digital Zoom, an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with an f/2.2 aperture, a 5MP f/2.4 macro lens, and a 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor with an LED Flash module.
The phone runs on One UI 4.1 based on Android 12, supports Samsung Knox. Samsung has promised to deliver 4 years of Android OS upgrades and 5 years of security updates for the Galaxy A33 5G. The handset is powered by an octa-core Exynos 1280 5G processor, with an ARM-Mali G68 to handle the graphics.
The smartphone has 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and 128GB/256GB of on-board storage that can be further expanded up to 1TB via a microSD card slot. Connectivity-wise, the Galaxy A33 supports 5G FDD Sub6: N1(2100), N3(1800), N5(850), N7(2600), N8(900), N20(800), N28(700), N66(AWS-3), 5G TDD Sub6: N38(2600), N40(2300), N41(2500), N78(3500), 4G VoLTE, W-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, and QZSS.
The mobile has a 5000 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C connector, and supports 25W Fast Charging. The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G does not come with a charger in the box.
Sensors on the device include an Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Light Sensor, and Virtual Proximity Sensing. The Samsung Galaxy A33 5G has been rated for IP67 for water and dust resistance. The phone measures 159.7 x 74.0 x 8.1mm and weighs 186g.
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G specs
- Display: 6.4-inches Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U water-drop notch, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 800 nits brightness, on-screen fingerprint sensor, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: One UI 4.1 based on Android 12, 4 years of Android OS upgrades + 5 years of security updates, Samsung Knox
- Processor: Exynos 1280 5G Octa-Core @2.4GHz
- GPU: ARM-Mali G68
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB + up to 1TB via microSD card slot
- Connectivity: 5G FDD Sub6: N1(2100), N3(1800), N5(850), N7(2600), N8(900), N20(800), N28(700), N66(AWS-3), 5G TDD Sub6: N38(2600), N40(2300), N41(2500), N78(3500), 4G VoLTE, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS
- Main Cameras: 48MP, f/1.8, OIS, 10x Zoom + 8MP ultra-wide angle f/2.2 aperture + 5MP f/2.4 macro lens + 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 13MP f/2.2
- Battery: 5,000 mAh, USB Type-C, 25W Fast Charging (Charger not included)
- Dimensions: 159.7 x 74.0 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 186g
- Colours: Awesome Black, Awesome Blue, Awesome Peach, and Awesome White
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Light Sensor, Virtual Proximity Sensing
- Rating: IP67 for water and dust resistance
Samsung Galaxy A33 5G price in India
Samsung is yet to reveal the Galaxy A33 5G’s price in India. The phone will be available on Samsung’s online store.