The device sports a 6.39-inch FullHD+ LCD water-drop notch display with a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. The screen is protected by a curved 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 panel. The Note 8 runs on MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 processor.
The phone will be available in 3 variants: 4GB RAM + 64GB storage, 6GB + 64GB and 6GB + 128GB. It has a hybrid Dual SIM tray which supports up to 256GB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot. The device has a rear-facing fingerprint scanner.
In terms of optics, the Redmi Note 8 has quad cameras on the back panel, that consists of a 48MP Sony IMX586 primary camera with an f/1.79 aperture, a 6P lens, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size.
The cameras support Phase Detect Auto-Focus, Electronic Image Stabilization and a Dual LED Flash. The selfie lens on the phone is a 13MP camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
The Redmi Note 8 is backed by a 4000mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging over a USB Type-C port. It does have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Redmi Note 8 specs
- Display: 6.39-inch LCD Full HD+ 2340 × 1080 pixels water-drop notch, 19:5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 665
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 4GB/6GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.1 + up 256GB via microSD card
- Battery: 4000mAh, USB Type-C, 18W fast charging
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX586 f/1.79 aperture, 6P lens + 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, 1.12μm pixel size + 2MP depth sensor + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size, + PDAF, EIS, Dual LED Flash
- Selfie lens: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner (rear facing)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac 2.4GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio, IR sensor, Smart PA speaker
- Dimensions: 164.4×75.6×9.3mm
- Weight: 198g
- Misc: P2i Nano Coating
Redmi Note 8 price
The Redmi Note 8 has been priced at RMB 999 (About Rs. 10,000) in China, for the 4GB RAM variant with 64GB of storage. The 6GB/64GB model will retail for RMB 1199 (about Rs. 12,000), while the 6GB/128GB version will cost RMB 1399 (about Rs. 14,000) The phone will be available in 3 colours: Black, Blue and White, and goes on sale from September 17 in China.