The Redmi Note 8 2021 is the latest phone released by Xiaomi. The device is a refreshed version of the 2019 device, with some subtle changes.
The Redmi Note 8 2021 features a 6.3-inches Full HD+ LCD display that supports 500 nits brightness, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 1,500:1 Contrast Ratio, and has a pixel density of 409 PPI,. The panel is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and has a waterdrop notch with a 13MP, f/2.0 aperture selfie lens.
The phone runs on MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 processor clocked at 2.0 GHz, with an ARM Mali-G52 MP2 GPU. The device has 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and 64GB/128GB of emmC 5.1 internal storage. It has a dedicated microSD card slot that supports up to 256GB of additional memory.
The main camera setup on the Redmi Note 8 2021 is identical to the original version. The quad lens array comprises a 48MP f/1.79 aperture primary lens, an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, with an f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, a 2MP depth sensor, a 2MP macro lens, both with an f/2.4 aperture, support for EIS, and Dual LED Flash.
The phone has a rear fingerprint scanner. The Redmi Note 8 2021 is backed by a 4,000mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C port, and supports 18W Fast Charging. Xiaomi is supplying a 22.5W charger in the box.
In the audio department, the phone has 1217 super-linear speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The Redmi Note 8 2021 has dual SIM card slots and supports 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS L1, Galileo G1, Glonass E1, Beidou B1 connectivity options.
The device weighs 190g and measures 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.35mm. It has a proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, electronic compass, linear vibration motor, and an IR Blaster.
Redmi Note 8 2021 specs
- Display: 6.3-inches DotDisplay Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels LCD, 500 nits brightness, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 1,500:1 Contrast Ratio, 409 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G85 octa-core 2.0 GHz, 12nm
- GPU: ARM Mali-G52 MP2
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB emmC 5.1 + up to 256GB via dedicated microSD card
- Main Cameras: 48MP f/1.79 aperture, 6P lens + 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture, 2cm, 1.75μm pixel size, + PDAF, EIS, Dual LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,000mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast Charging, 22.5W charger in the box
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS L1, Galileo G1, Glonass E1, Beidou B1.
Security: Rear fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.35mm
- Colours: Space Black, Moonlight White and Neptune Blue
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear vibration motor, IR Blaster
Redmi Note 8 2021 price
The Redmi Note 8 2021 price has not been announced by the company. The official page says that the phone will be available in 3 colourways: Space Black, Moonlight White and Neptune Blue.
It would be interesting to see whether the handset will be launched in India, though there is no word about the possibility just yet.