Xiaomi has officially unveiled the Redmi Note 4 in China. The successor to one of the most popular phablets, boast some great hardware at an affordable price.
So, let’s dive right into the details, shall we?
The Redmi Note 4 sports a 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p display, with 401 PPI, 1000:1 contrast ratio, and 72% NTSC color gamut, and 2.5 Curved Glass. The phone has chamfered edges and a unibody metal design that follows the design of its predecessor, the Redmi Note 3.
The Note 4 runs on MIUI8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is powered by a MediaTek Helio X20 10-core (deca core) processor clocked at 2.1 GHz, and a Mali T880 GPU. The phone comes in two variants, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, and the other with 3GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. Xiaomi has skipped the 32GB storage for one with double the storage. Both devices have a microSD card slot which supports up to 128GB of expandable memory. The memory card slot is actually a Hybrid SIM slot, which lets you use a Nano SIM + microSD card along with a micro SIM, or a Nano SIM and a micro SIM.
The camera department on the Note 4 comprises of a 13 megapixel rear camera with Phase Detection Auto Focus, f 2.0 aperture, LED Flash, and a 5 megapixel front camera. The device is backed by a 4100 mAh battery and has bottom facing speakers, along with a USB port (which could be USB Type C).
The Redmi Note 4 has a fingerprint scanner located on the back panel, just below the rear camera. The phone has an infrared scanner and a 3.5 mm audio jack on the top.
Redmi Note 4 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.5 inch Full HD 1080p, 401 PPI, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut, 2.5 Curved Glass
- Operating System: MIUI8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: 2.1 GHz MediaTek Helio X20 10-core
- GPU: Mali T880 MP4 700 MHz
- Storage: 16GB/64 GB + up to 128GB microSD
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixel rear camera, PDAF, f 2.0 aperture, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 5 megapixel front camera
- Battery: 4100 mAh
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Connectivity: 4G LTE Cat6 + VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, Dual SIM (Hybrid), micro USB, Infrared sensor
- Weight: 175g
- Dimensions: 51 x 76 x 8.35
The Redmi Note 4 has been priced 999 RMB ($150 or about Rs. 10,000) for the 16GB variant while the 64GB has been priced at 1199 RMB ($180 or about Rs. 12, 000). The phone is available in silver, gold and dark grey colours.
Since the Redmi Note 4 is powered by a MediaTek processor, Xiaomi won’t be able to launch the device in India, for legal reasons. So, expect a Qualcomm Snapdragon powered alternative, perhaps a Snapdragon 652 variant to arrive.