Last week, Redmi teased the launch of a new phone in India. The brand showed off a unique looking box that hinted about the device’s specs.
Now we have a name for the handset, and a launch date to go with. The Redmi Note 10s is set to launch on May 13th in India. The brand confirmed the news on Twitter today.
In case you missed it, the Xiaomi-owned brand announced the mid-range in Europe recently.
Redmi Note 10s specs
- Display: 6.43-inches AMOLED DotDisplay Full HD+ 2400 x 1080 pixels, 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color gamut, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 4,500,000:1 Contrast Ratio, 409 PPI
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G95 2.05 GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-G76 MC4
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 512GB via dedicated microSD card
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.79 aperture, wide-angle 1/1.97″ sensor size, 0.7μm pixel size + 8MP 118° FOV ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro camera f/2.4 aperture + 2MP depth sensor f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 13MP, f/2.45 aperture
- Battery: 5,000mAh, USB Type-C, 33W Fast Charging
- Audio: Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS: L1, Galileo: E1, Glonass: G1, Beidou
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 160.46 x 74.5 x 8.29mm
- Colours: Onyx Gray, Pebble White and Ocean Blue
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Electronic compass, Linear vibration motor, IR Blaster
The device is essentially a Redmi Note 10, but with a MediaTek Helio G95 processor and a 64MP camera. It will however, run on MIUI 12.5 out of the box. Perhaps we can expect an official announcement for the new OS on the phone’s launch day. The Redmi Note 10s will be unveiled at 12PM on May 13th via a live stream.
While we are on topic of the new series, the Redmi Note 10 price has been hiked by Rs. 500 by the company.