Xiaomi has announced the Redmi K50i 5G in India. And as we predicted, the phone is a rebranded version of the Redmi Note 11T Pro 5G that debuted in China.
The K50i sports a 6.6-inches LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution of 2460 ×1080 pixels, has a 144Hz Refresh Rate, 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, and supports HDR10, 20:5:9 Aspect Ratio, DCI-P3, Dolby Vision, DC Dimming, 1400:1 Contrast Ratio, and 650 nits brightness. The screen is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and is home to a 16MP selfie lens with an f/2.45 aperture.
The Redmi K50i 5G runs on MIUI 13 based on Android 12, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 8100 processor clocked at 2.85GHz, with an ARM Mali G610 GPU, an APU580 and a Vapor Cooling Chamber with LiquidCool Technology 2.0 to keep the temperature levels low while gaming. The phone has 6GB/8GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
Xiaomi has packed a 5,080 mAh battery in the smartphone, and it supports 67W Fast Charging via a USB Type-C cable. The main camera array on the rear of the handset consists of a 64 megapixels Samsung ISOCELL GW1 sensor that has an f/1.89 aperture, an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens with a 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro lens, f/2.4, an LED Flash, and supports 4K video recording @30fps, and 1080p @60fps.
Connectivity-wise, the Redmi K50i 5G supports 5G NSA + SA: N1 | N3 | N5 | N7 | N8 | N20 | N28A | N38 | N40 | N41 | N77 | N78, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi6, Wi-Fi 5 802.11a/b/g 2.4G/5.1G, Wi-Fi Display, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS, NFC
The phone measures 163.64 x 74.29 x 8.87 mm, and weighs 200g. It has Super Linear Dual Speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, and retains the 3.5mm headphone jack. Sensors on the mobile include a Proximity sensor, an Ambient light sensor, a Color temperature sensor, an Accelerometer, Gyroscope, an Electronic compass, an X-Axis Linear motor, an IR blaster and a Side-mounted fingerprint reader.
Redmi K50i 5G Specs
- Display: 6.6-inches LCD, Full HD+ 2460 × 1080 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, HDR10, 20:5:9 Aspect Ratio, DCI-P3, Dolby Vision, DC Dimming, 1400:1 Contrast Ratio, 650 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating system: MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8100 octa-core 2.85GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G610, Vapor Cooling Chamber
- APU: APU580
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Battery: 5,080 mAh, USB Type-C, 67W Fast Charging
- Main Cameras: 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1, f/1.89 aperture + 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, 120° FOV, f/2.2 + 2MP macro lens, f/2.4, LED Flash, 4K @30fps, 1080p @60fps
- Selfie Camera: 16MP, f/2.45
- Connectivity: 5G NSA + SA: N1 | N3 | N5 | N7 | N8 | N20 | N28A | N38 | N40 | N41 | N77 | N78, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi6, Wi-Fi 5 802.11a/b/g 2.4G/5.1G, Wi-Fi Display, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, A-GPS, BeiDou, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS, NFC
- Dimensions: 163.64 x 74.29 x 8.87 mm
- Weight: 200g
- Audio: Super Linear Dual Speakers, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Sensors: Proximity sensor | Ambient light sensor |Color temperature sensor | Accelerometer |Gyroscope | Electronic compass |X-Axis Linear motor | IR blaster Side fingerprint scanner
- Colours: Quick Silver, Phantom Blue, Stealth Black
Redmi K50i 5G price in India
The phone will be available for purchase from July 23rd on Amazon India, and Mi.com. The device comes in 3 colours: Quick Silver, Phantom Blue, and Stealth Black.