The Redmi K20 India launch has been confirmed by the company. When it will arrive though, remains a mystery.The news comes straight from the horse's mouth. Redmi India trolled OnePlus on Twitter in a hilarious way, by taking the latter's infamous tagline, and mocked the newly launched OnePlus 7 by claiming that the Redmi K20 will be a "flagship killer".
Redmi K20 India launch imminent
Well the words coming soon are oh so obvious, but here's how you can tell which phone it will be.
The teaser image has a red theme, and mentions the device's moniker (which was confirmed yesterday), with a K and the numbers 20 highlighted. The K contains the number 855, and a Snapdragon logo is visible in the O (in coming). That is confirmation that the Redmi K20 will be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor.
Redmi K20 specs
- Display: 6.9-inch AMOLED, Notchless design
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB/256GB
- Main Cameras: Triple Cameras with a 48MP lens, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 20MP Pop-up selfie camera
- Security: In-screen fingerprint scanner
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colours: Carbon Fiber Black, Glacier Blue and Flame Red
Hopefully the Redmi K20 will be priced affordably in India, something in the range of the Poco F1 would sell like hot cakes here. Speaking of which, confirmation of the Redmi K20 India launch does raise the question about the Poco F2. Will Xiaomi launch 2 flagships in India? Only time can answer that question.