Xiaomi is already prepping the successor to the popular Redmi 8. That’s according to a new leak which says that the Redmi 9 could launch as soon as Q1, 2019.
In case you missed it, the Redmi 8 had been announced in India only 2 months ago. While it is at best an entry level device, its replacement appears to be good at least on paper.
So let’s take a look at the Redmi 8’s specs.
Redmi 8 specs
- Display: 6.22-inches HD+ 1520 × 720 pixels, water-drop notch, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 439
- Memory: 3GB/4GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB storage, up to 256GB microSD
- Rear Cameras: 12MP Sony IMX363 + 2MP AI Dual camera f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, and Dual Phase Detect Auto Focus, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP AI Camera, Face Unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, 18W Fast charging (10W Fast charger in box)
- Dimensions: 156.33 × 75.4 × 9.4 mm
- Weight: 188g
- Misc: Fingerprint scanner, P2i coating
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, IR Blaster, Wireless FM Radio
- Colours: Sapphire Blue, Ruby Red, Onyx Black
Redmi 9 specs leaked
Xiaomi seems to have extended its partnership with MediaTek, because the Redmi 9 will be powered by upcoming MediaTek Helio G70, as per a report by 91 Mobiles.
The chipset will allegedly be less powerful than the MediaTek Helio G90T that we have seen on the Redmi Note 8 Pro. We can only confirm that when the SoC is made official.
The phone will sport a 6.6-inch display with a water-drop notch. In terms of memory the rumour says it will come with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, and may also be available in more variants.