The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio G80 processor with 3GB/4GB of RAM, and comes with 32GB/64GB of storage, and a dedicated microSD card slot. It runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI custom Android skin.
The Redmi 9 features a 6.53-inch FullHD+ display with a water-drop, that has an 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture. The phone is backed by a 5020 mAh battery that charges over a USB Type-C port. Though it is rated for Quick Charge 3.0, i.e. support for 18W fast charging, the Redmi 9 comes with a 10W Fast Charger.
The main cameras on the phone comprise an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens with 118° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, a 13MP wide-angle primary camera with 75.2° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, autofocus, a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, a 5MP macro lens with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED flash. The Redmi 9 has a rear placed fingerprint sensor.
Redmi 9 Specs
- Display: 6.53-inches Full HD+ LCD, 2340 x 1080 pixels, water-drop notch, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 400 nits brightness
- Operating System: MIUI
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G80
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2 950MHz
- Memory: 3GB/4GB LPDRR4x RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB + dedicated microSD card slot
- Battery: 5020 mAh, USB Type-C, 18W fast charging Quick Charge 3.0, (10W charger)
- Main Cameras: 8MP ultra wide-angle, 118° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 13MP wide-angle 75.2° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, auto focus + 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4 aperture + 5MP macro lens, f/2.4 aperture + LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 163.32 x 77.01 x 9.1 mm
- Weight: 198g
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone jack, IR remote,
- Misc: Rear placed fingerprint sensor
Redmi 9 price
The Redmi 9 has been priced at €149 for the 3GB/32GB variant in Spain, while the 4GB/64GB version will cost €179. The phone will be available in 3 colours: Carbon Gray, Sunset Purple and Ocean Green. The devices goes on sale from June 18th.
Buyers can avail a €10 discount for the phone by pre-ordering it before June 18th.