The news comes from the General Manager of Redmi, Lu Weibing, who shared the above teaser image on his official Weibo account. And yes, the photo does reveal the device itself ahead of the announcement.
Redmi 7 launch date
The device has a rear placed fingerprint scanner, and supports Face Unlock via a selfie camera, that is housed in the water-drop notch. The Redmi 7 sports a 6.26-inch HD+ display, runs on Xiaomi’s MIUI 10 with Android Pie, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor with 2GB/3GB/4GB of RAM.
The phone has 16GB/32GB/64GB of storage, and has a microSD card in the Hybrid SIM tray. The Redmi 7 is backed by a 4,000 mAh battery. The good news is that it has a 3.5mm headphone jack, but doesn’t have a USB Type-C port. Instead it is equipped with a micro USB port.
The Redmi 7 features dual rear cameras with a 12MP lens and an 8MP lens.
Redmi 7 Tech Specs
- Display: 6.26-inch HD+ TFT, Dot-drop notch
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based Android 9 Pie
- Processor: 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 632
- Memory: 2GB/3GB/4GB of RAM
- Storage: 16GB/32GB/64GB + microSD card
- Rear Cameras: 12MP + 8MP, LED Flash
- Battery: 4,000 mAh
- Dimensions: 158.65 x 76.43 x 8.47 mm
- Weight: 180g
The Redmi 7 launch date is a week away, and we think that the Redmi Note 7 Pro may be announced for China, on the same stage.