Redmi 10 launched in Malaysia
Xiaomi has announced the Redmi 10 in Malaysia. We take a look at what the mid-range phone has to offer.
Redmi 10 Display and Operating System
The Redmi 10 is equipped with a 6.5-inch Full HD+ LCD DotDisplay, which supports 90Hz Refresh Rate with AdaptiveSync Display to switch between 45Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz. The screen supports Reading mode 3.0 and Sunlight display. The device runs Android 11 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5
Redmi 10 Processor, Storage and Memory
The Redmi 10 has an octa-core MediaTek Helio G88 processor under the hood, with a Mali-G52 MC2 to handle the graphics. The phone is available in 2 versions: 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, and 6GB RAM with 128GB of Storage.
Redmi 10 Camera setup
The Redmi 10 has quad cameras on the rear comprising a 50MP lens, an 8 megapixels ultra-wide angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro camera. The device has an 8MP front camera on the screen.
Redmi 10 Battery, Fast Charging, Dimensions and weight
The Redmi 10 packs a 5000 mAh battery with a USB Type-C port that supports 18W Fast Charging, and 9W Reverse Wired Charging. The phone ships with a 22.5W charger in the box. The device measures 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm and weighs 181g.
Redmi 10 Sensors and Connectivity
The Redmi 10 has a side mounted fingerprint reader, dual speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The device supports 4G Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS.
Redmi 10 Specs
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Display: 6.5-inches Full HD+ DotDisplay, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate with AdaptiveSync display (45/60/90Hz), Reading mode 3.0, Sunlight display
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core
- GPU: Arm Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64MP/128GB
- Main Cameras: 50MP + 8MP ultra-wide angle + 2MP macro sensor + 2MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18W Fast Charging, 9W Reverse Wired Charging, 22.5W charger included in the box
- Audio: Dual Speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side mounted fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colours: Pebble White, Carbon Grey and Sea Blue
- Dimensions: 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 181g
Redmi 10 price in Malaysia
The Redmi 10 price in Malaysia starts at RM649 for the 4GB/64GB version, while the 6GB/128GB variant costs RM749. The phone will go on sale on August 20th on Lazada. The device comes in 3 colours: Pebble White, Carbon Grey and Sea Blue.
The phone had been leaked earlier this week, when the company jumped the gun and posted the info on its official blog.
Rumour has it that the Redmi 10 could be launched in India, alongside the Redmi 10 Prime.