Redmi 10 design and specs leaked by Xiaomi
We saw a leak about the Redmi 10 a week ago. This time, the Redmi 10 design and specs have been confirmed by none other than its parent company, Xiaomi.
The Chinese OEM published a blog post on Friday, revealing the smartphone’s information. The said article seems to have been published by accident, and had the date listed as August 18th, which is the phone’s launch date.
Redmi 10 Design
Despite being a mid-range handset, the Redmi 10 looks like a premium device with narrow bezels, rounded screen edges, and a rather stylish back panel. The phone will be available in 3 colourways: Pebble White, Carbon Grey and Sea Blue. The smartphone 10 weighs 181g and measures 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm.
Redmi 10 Display
We already knew that the Redmi 10 will have a 6.5-inch Full HD+ Display with a DotDisplay, and that it supports 90Hz Refresh Rate. Xiaomi’s spec sheet confirms that the screen supports AdaptiveSync Display to refresh the panel at 45Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz as required. The screen appears to be an LCD panel as opposed to AMOLED displays on the Note 10 series. The Redmi 10 will support Reading mode 3.0 and Sunlight display.
Redmi 10 Processor, Storage and Memory
The phone runs on MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio G88 processor with a Mali-G52 MC2 for the graphics. The Redmi 10 will be available in three storage variants, with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage, and 6GB RAM with 128GB of Storage.
Redmi 10 Cameras
The selfie lens in the hole-punch cutout is an 8MP front camera. The main camera on the back of the Redmi 10 is a 50MP lens, assisted by an 8 megapixels ultra-wide angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor and a 2MP macro camera. The quad camera array is housed in n oblong vertical bump similar to the Mi 10 Ultra.
Redmi 10 Battery, Fast Charging
The battery on the Redmi 10 is a 5000 mAh cell that supports, 18W Fast Charging over a USB Type-C port. Xiaomi is bundling a 22.5W charger in the box. The phone also supports 9W Reverse Wired Charging.
Redmi 10 Audio, Sensors and Connectivity
The Redmi 10 has dual speakers and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The phone sports a side mounted fingerprint reader. The device supports 4G Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS.
Redmi 10 Specs
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
- Display: 6.5-inches Full HD+ DotDisplay, 2400 x 1080 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate with AdaptiveSync display (45/60/90Hz), Reading mode 3.0, Sunlight display
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core
- GPU: Arm Mali-G52 MC2
- Memory: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 64MP/128GB
- Main Cameras: 50MP + 8MP ultra-wide angle + 2MP macro sensor + 2MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18W Fast Charging, 9W Reverse Wired Charging, 22.5W charger included in the box
- Audio: Dual Speakers, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side mounted fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colours: Pebble White, Carbon Grey and Sea Blue
- Dimensions: 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm
- Weight: 181g
Xiaomi has taken down the Redmi 10 launch post at its blog. We will have more details about the phone later this week, once it has been officially announced.