The Realme 9i launch date has been confirmed, the mid-range device is set to debut next week. This is the first in India to be powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 processor. But thanks to the handset being announced in Vietnam, we know all about its tech specs.
The 6nm process octa-core SoC is clocked at 2.4GHz, and the display on the device is a 6.6-inches FullHD+ IPS LCD panel that has a 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, and supports 90Hz Refresh Rate. The phone runs on realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11, while the graphics are handled by an Adreno 610 GPU.
It is available in a single trim, with 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM, and 128GB UFS 2.2 storage. The triple card tray system has a dedicated microSD card slot which supports up to 1TB ofadditional storage. In terms of connectivity, the phone supports 4G VoLTE Dual Nano SIM cards, 2.4GHz/5GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/Beidou/Glonass/Galileo, and retains the popular 3.5mm headphone jack.
The main camera setup on the Realme 9i is quite similar to the Narzo 50i. The upcoming phone has a 50 megapixels main sensor with an f/1.8 aperture lens, a 2MP Macro Lens that supports 4cm focus with an f/2.4 aperture, a 2MP Portrait Lens with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash. The front camera is a 16MP selfie snapper with an f/2.1 aperture. The handset has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Realme has equipped the 9i with a 5000mAh battery that supports 33W Fast Charging through a USB Type-C port. The device weighs at 190g and measures 164.4 x 75.7 x 8.4mm.
Realme 9i specs
- Display: 6.6-inches FullHD+ IPS LCD, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 180Hz Touch Response Rate, 480 nits brightness, 401 PPI
- Operating System: realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11
- Processor: 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 octa-core 2.4GHz
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.2 + up to 1TB via dedicated microSD card slot
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE Dual Nano SIM (Triple card tray), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS/Beidou/Glonass/Galileo, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Main Cameras: 50MP f/1.8 aperture + 2MP Macro Lens, 4cm focus, f/2.4 aperture + 2MP Portrait Lens f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 16MP f/2.1 aperture
- Battery: 5000mAh, USB Type-C, 33W Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.7 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colours: Black, Blue
- Sensors: Magnetic Induction Sensor, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Acceleration Sensor, Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner
Realme 9i launch date and expected price in India
The Realme 9i launch date has been set for January 18th in India, and the event will be live-streamed at 12:30 PM. The phone has been priced at 6,490,000 VND in Vietnam, the price translates to about Rs. 21,000.