The Realme 3 has been launched in India. The budget friendly mid-range device boasts some impressive tech specs.
The phone sports a 6.2-inch HD+ display, with a dew-drop notch, 19:9 aspect ratio, that is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
It runs on ColorOS 6, which is based on Android 9 Pie, and offers a stock Android experience. We are not entirely sure what that means.
The phone is powered by a MediaTek Helio P70 processor with 3GB/4GB of RAM. The device has 32GB/64GB of storage and supports up to 256GB of expandable storage via a dedicated microSD card, which is part of a triple card system.
The Realme 3 is equipped with dual rear cameras with a 13MP lens with an f/1,8 aperture, and a 2MP lens. The cameras support Nightscape mode, Chroma Boost, and AI scene recognition. The selfie lens is a 13MP front camera with an f/2.0 aperture.
It has a fingerprint scanner and also supports Face Unlock via the selfie camera. The Realme 3 supports Camera 2 API and Google lens out if the box. The device will support bootloader unlocking. The phone packs a 4,230 mAh battery which is capable of 10W charging over a micro-USB port. The Realme 3 has a 3.5mm headphone jack
Realme 3 Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.2-inch HD+ display, with a dew-drop notch, 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, 400 nits brightness
- Operating System: ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P70
- Memory: 3GB/4GB of RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB of storage + up to 256GB via dedicated microSD card
- Main cameras: 13MP f/1,8 aperture + 2MP, LED Flash Nightscape mode, Chroma Boost, AI scene recognition, Camera 2 API, Google lens
- Selfie camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4,230 mAh
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, micro-USB, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Misc: Splash and Dust proof, Face Unlock, fingerprint scanner
Realme 3 price in India
The Realme 3 price in India starts at Rs. 8,999 for the 3GB RAM variant, while the 4GB RAM variant will be selling for Rs. 10,999. The first sale of the device will start at 12PM on March 12th at Flipkart and Realme.com.
The phone will be available in in Gradient colours like Dynamic Black, Radiant Blue and Classic Black. Realme will also be selling some Iconic cases (back covers) for the phone.
Realme 3 launch offers and cashback offers
Buyers can avail an instant discount of Rs. 500, using HDFC Bank Cards and EMI. Jio users can get Rs. 5,300 worth of benefits.
At this price range, the Realme 3 looks like a great choice. But can it compete with the recently announced Galaxy M20 and Redmi Note 7 Pro? That may be the Realme 3 Pro’s job, and the company says it will be launched in April.
Realme has also announced that it will be updating all of its phones to Android Pie, in the first half of 2019.