Poco has launched the Poco X3 Pro in India. This is the same phone that was launched a few weeks ago in Europe, but with one major differences.
Let’s see what the Poco X3 Pro Indian variant brings to the table. The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core processor. While it is termed as a new processor, and this is the first phone to be powered by the SoC, technically it is an upgraded version of the Snapdragon 855+, which happens to be the last 4G flagship CPU that was launched by Qualcomm.
The device has 6GB/8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and 128GB/256GB of UFS 3.1 storage, and supports up to 1TB of additional memory via a microSD card slot that is part of a Hybrid Dual SIM card tray. The phone runs on Android 11 with MIUI 12 and Poco Launcher.
The Poco X3 Pro is equipped with a 6.67-inches Full HD+ IPS LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. The screen supports variable refresh rate or as the company calls it, Dynamic Switch, which automatically switches to 50Hz/60Hz/90Hz/120Hz depending on the content you are viewing.
The display has a 240Hz touch sampling rate, a 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi of pixel density, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, and has received TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification. The device has an impressive 91.25% screen-to-body ratio. The punch-hole selfie lens at the top of the screen is a 20MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture, and has an ultra-wide angle 119° Field of View.
Connectivity-wise, the Poco X3 Pro supports 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou. It has a 3.5mm headphone jack, Dual Stereo speakers for audio. The device comes with a Z-axis Linear Motor, an IR Blaster, and a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Moving to the back panel, the Poco X3 Pro Indian Variant has a quad camera setup featuring a 48MP Sony IMX582 primary sensor. The main lens has an f/1.79 aperture, and supports 4-in-1 pixel binning, 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/2“ sensor size. The other sensors include an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens with a 119° FOV, an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP macro sensor, with a 1.75μm pixel size, an f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm), a 2MP depth sensor, with 1.75μm pixel size, an f/2.4 aperture, and an LED flashlight.
The device is backed by a 5160 mAh battery, that supports 33W Fast Charging (Charger included in the box) over a USB Type-C port. This helps charge the phone fully in 58 minutes. It also supports USB Power Delivery.
There is just one difference between the Poco X3 Pro Indian Variant and the Poco X3 Pro NFC. The phone sold in India does not support NFC.
The device shares much of its design with the regular Poco X3 that was announced last year. The back panel is plastic, and the large stripe remains, but the company says that it has added a textured pattern either side of the stripe to offer a better grip.
Poco X3 Pro Specs
- Display: 6.67-inches FHD+ 2400 x 1080, DotDisplay (punch-hole), 120Hz refresh rate Dynamic Switch (50Hz/60Hz/90Hz/120Hz), 240Hz touch sampling rate, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi, 1500:1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification, 91.25% screen-to-body ratio
- Operating System: MIUI 12 based on Android 11, POCO Launcher 2.0
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 860 octa-core, 7nm process (Prime Core 2.96GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz Performance Cores + 4 x 1.8GHz Efficiency Cores)
- GPU: Adreno 640, LiquidCool Technology 1.0 Plus
- Memory: 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 + Up to 1TB via microSD card (Hybrid)
- Battery: 5160mAh, 33W Fast Charging, USB Type-C, 100% in 58 minutes, 26W USB PD
- Main Cameras: 48MP Sony IMX582, 1.6μm Pixel size, 1/2“ sensor size, f/1.79 aperture + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens 119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro sensor, 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, FF (4cm) + 2MP depth sensor 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, LED flashlight
- Selfie Camera: 20MP, 1.6μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 119° FOV
- Connectivity: Hybrid SIM slot (nano-SIM + nano-SIM or microSD), 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Colours: Graphite Black, Steel Blue and Golden Bronze
Poco X3 Pro price in India
The Poco X3 Pro price in India starts at Rs. 18,999 for the 6GB/128GB, and costs Rs. 20,999 for the 8GB/128GB variant. The device goes on sale at 12 Noon on April 6th at Flipkart. It will be available in 3 colourways: Graphite Black, Steel Blue and Golden Bronze.
The company is offering an Early Bird discount of Rs. 1,000 off the price tag, when you buy the Poco X3 Pro using an ICICI Bank credit card.