Poco has brought a new device to its X-series, this time in Malaysia. This is the Poco X3 GT.
The 5G smartphone is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1100 5G processor, and a Mali G77 MC9 to handle the graphics. The handset has 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, and comes in 2 storage options: 128GB and 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The X3 GT runs on MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, with the Poco Launcher. It sports a large 6.6-inches Full HD+ display with a hole-punch for the 16MP, f/2.45 aperture selfie lens. The screen supports 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, has 360° ambient light sensors, DCI-P3 Colour Gamut, and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus. A side-mounted fingerprint reader is embedded in the power button.
The rear panel of the Poco X3 GT is home to triple cameras, and the set-up consists of a 64MP f/1.79 aperture primary sensor, an 8MP ultra wide-angle lens that supports 120° FOV, has an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture, and an LED flashlight.
The battery on the Poco X3 GT is a 5000mAh cell that supports, 67W Fast Charging, over a USB Type-C port. In the connectivity area, the device supports Dual 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS. The Poco X3 GT does not have a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Poco X3 GT Specs
- Display: 6.6-inches FHD+ 2400 x 1080, DotDisplay (punch-hole), 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus, 360° ambient light sensors, DCI-P3 Colour Gamut
- Operating System: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, POCO Launcher 2.0
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 1100 5G octa-core MT6891Z, 6nm process 4x Arm Cortex-A78 up to 2.6GHz
4x Arm Cortex-A55 up to 2GHz
- GPU: Arm Mali-G77 MC9, up to 836MHz
- Memory: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1
- Battery: 5000mAh, 67W Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 64MP f/1.79 aperture + 8MP ultra wide-angle lens 120° FOV, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP macro sensor, f/2.4 aperture, LED flashlight
- Selfie Camera: 16MP, f/2.45 aperture
- Connectivity: Dual SIM Dual Standby, 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/QZSS, NFC
- Audio: Dual Speakers, Hi-Res Audio, Dolby Atmos
- Sensors: Proximity sensor | Ambient light sensor | Accelerometer | Gyroscope | Electronic compass | Vibration motor | IR blaster
- Misc: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 75.9 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 193g
- Colours: Stargaze Black, Wave Blue and Cloud White
Poco X3 GT price in Malaysia
The Poco X3 GT has been priced at 1,299 Malaysian Ringgits for the base variant with 128GB storage, while the 256GB version costs 1,599 MYR. The phone goes on sale on August 3rd and 4th, and will be available in three colourways: Stargaze Black, Wave Blue and Cloud White. Poco is offering an early bird discount of 100 MYR on the base model, and 200 MYR on the top-end version, making their prices 1,199 MYR and 1,399 MYR respectively.
Will the Poco X3 GT be launched in India?
Poco India Director, Anuj Sharma, has announced on Twitter that the company has no plans to launch the Poco X3 GT in India. He explained that the brand has 2 devices that target different segments already, the Poco X3 Pro and the Poco F3 GT. The latter boasts better specs than the X3 GT.