Oppo has just made their next mid-range device under R series i.e. Oppo R15 as official. The company has launched two variants of the device with almost same hardware specifications except for the Processor. First one is powered by MediaTek Helio P60 SOC while the other one is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SOC.
Oppo R15 sports a 6.28-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 OLED display with an iPhone X type of notch at the top and is powered by 2.0 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 with Mali G72 MP3 GPU/ 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU along with 6GB of RAM. It comes with 128GB of internal storage and runs on ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo) operating system.
In terms of camera, the Oppo R15 Helio P60 variant features a dual camera module consisting of 16MP + 5MP sensor with an aperture of f/1.7+f/2.2, while the Snapdragon 660 variant features dual camera module consisting of 16MP + 20MP sensor with an aperture of f/1.7+f/1.7. Both variants feature a 20MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture. The fingerprint sensor is present on the rear panel.
The phone is backed by a 3450mAh / 3400 mAh battery which also support VOOC flash charge. It will be available for sale starting March 31st in China at a price of 2,999 Yuan for the Helio P60 variant while the Snapdragon 660 variant is priced at 3299 Yuan.
Oppo R15 specifications
- Display: 6.28-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 OLED display, 401ppi
- CPU: 2.0 GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 with Mali G72 MP3 GPU/ 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- OS:ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Main Camera: 16MP + 5MP dual camera, f/1.7+f/2.2 / 16MP + 20MP, f/1.7+f/1.7
- Front Camera: 20MP f/2.0,
- Misc: Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 155.1 x 75.2 x 7.4mm / 155.3 x 75 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 175g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 / 5.0, GPS
- Battery: 3450mAh / 3400 mAh, support VOOC flash charge
- Sensors: geomagnetic induction, light sensing, distance sensor, gyroscope/gravity sensing combo sensor, support for step function