Obi Worldphone has just launched its budget smartphone Obi Worldphone MV1 at Mobile World Congress with price starting at $149. Two variants of the MV1 smartphone are launched and priced at $149 USD for 16 GB Internal Storage & 2 GB RAM and $139 USD for 16 GB Internal Storage & 1 GB RAM.
MV1 is a budget smartphone and comes with some decent entry-level specifications. Obi MV1 sports a 5 inch HD display with a pixel density of 294 ppi and is powered by 1.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor & Adreno 304 GPU. It comes in two RAM variants i.e 1 GB & 2 GB RAM, both with 16 GB internal storage along with support for expandable storage upto 64 GB via Microsd cards.
It runs on Cyanogen OS 12.1.1 operating system based on Android Lollipop 5.1.
In terms of camera, it sports a 8 MP AF OV8865 main rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 and a 2 MP front-facing camera. It supports 4G LTE with dual Sims and backed by a decent Lithium Polymer battery of 2500 mAh Battery.
Obi Worldphone MV1 Specifications
- Display : 5-inch HD, 294 ppi
- CPU : 1.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 212
- GPU : Adreno 304
- RAM : 1GB / 2GB RAM
- Storage : 16 GB internal, expandable up to 64 GB with microSD
- OS : Cyanogen OS 12.1.1 on Android Lollipop 5.1
- SIM Support : Dual SIM (Micro + Nano)
- Camera : 8 MP AF OV8865 with LED Flash; f/2.2 + 2 MP front-facing camera
- Connectivity : 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, dual band, Wi-Fi direct, Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP. A-GPS/ GLONASS, MicroUSB v2.0
- Battery : 2500 mAh Li-Po
- Dimensions – 145.6 x 72.6 x 8.95 mm
- Weight – 149 gms
- Sensors – Accelerometer (gravity) proximity, ALS (light)