Nubia has just launched their flagship smartphone Nubia Z17 powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 at an event in China. Nubia Z17 becomes one of the few flagship smartphones powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835. The phone also comes with whopping 8 GB of RAM and becomes the only flagship smartphone with 8 GB of RAM. Till date, we have seen devices with maximum 6 GB of RAM.
Nubia Z17 features a bezel-less 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass (Version not specified). It comes in two RAM variants of 8 GB & 6 GB and two variants of internal storage i.e. 128 GB and 64 GB along with support for expandable storage via microSD card. The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) based operating system with Nubia UI 5.0 on top of it.
In terms of camera, it comes with a main rear dual camera setup with 12 MP primary camera sensor having 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.55″ CMOS sensor, dual-tone LED flash and another 23 MP secondary camera sensor with f/2.0 aperture. On the front, it features a 23 MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens for selfies.
Nubia Z17 is backed by a 3200 mAh battery along with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 making it the only smartphone at the moment with Quick Charge 4.0 support. Qualcomm claims Quick Charge 4.0 to be 38% faster than the existing Quick Charge 3.0.
Nubia Z17 Specifications
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD 1080p display, Corning Gorilla Glass (Version not specified)
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 processor
- GPU: Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM: 8 GB / 6 GB
- Storage: 128 GB / 64 GB (UFS 2.1), expandable with microSD card
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.0
- Misc: Hybrid Dual SIM, Water Resistant, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Main Camera: Dual Camera setup with 12 MP sensor with 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 1/2.55″ CMOS sensor, dual-tone LED flash, + 23 MP secondary sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
- Front Camera: 16 MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 152.60 × 72.38 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173 gm
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3200 mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0
Nubia Z17 is priced at 2799 Yuan (~US$ 415 / Rs. 28,000) for 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant, 3399 Yuan (~US$ 500 / Rs. 324,000) for the 6 GB RAM + 128GB storage variant and 3999 Yuan (~US$ 590 / Rs. 40,000) for the 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant . The phone will be available in colour options such as Aurora Blue, Black Gold, Obsidian Black, Solar Gold, Flame Red and goes on sale starting June 6 in China.