HMD Global has announced a new mid-range smartphone under Android One program i.e. Nokia 7 Plus at the Mobile World Congress 2018. Nokia 7 Plus is the first Android One device from Nokia and features a 6.0-inch 18:9 Full HD+ display powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor along with 4 GB of RAM. The phone runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) operating system.
In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of sensors with ZEISS optics with an ultra-sensitive 12MP wide-angle primary camera for both low-light & extra bright conditions and a secondary 13MP camera for 2x optical zoom.
It is backed by a 3800mAh battery with a claim of 2 days of battery life along with support for fast charging.
Nokia 7 Plus specifications
- 6-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Single / Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Three microphones with Nokia OZO Audio
- Android 8.0 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 8.1
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.75 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size with ZEISS optics, 13 MP secondary camera with 1.0µm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture with ZEISS optics, dual-tone LED flash
- 16MP front-facing camera with ZEISS optics
- Dimensions: 158.38 x 75.64 x 9.55 mm
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C (USB 2.0)
- 3800mAh battery with fast charging
Nokia 7 Plus will be available in two colour options i.e. Black/Copper and White/Copper. The phone will go on sale from early April and will retail for a global average retail price of €399, excluding taxes and subsidies.