HMD Global has begun teasing a new phone in India. And it hints that the Nokia 2.3 will be launched soon.
The video teaser has the tag line #BadeKaamKaPhone. It hints that the device offers a long battery life. But it also shows off the phone’s design, which is clearly the Nokia 2.3 that was announced in Egypt a week ago.
In fact, Nokia India’s website has all the device’s specifications listed out. So, let’s find out what it has to offer.
The Nokia 2.3 is equipped with a 6.2-inches HD+ display with a waterdrop notch and a 19:9 aspect ratio. The large chin has a Nokia logo on it, but otherwise the phone’s bezels are slim.
The device runs on Android 9 Pie, but the company’s website says that the phone is “Ready for Android 10 and beyond”, and promises 2 years of software upgrades and 3 years of monthly security updates.
A MediaTek Helio A22 processor powers the Nokia 2.3, with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. A microSD card slot provides for up to 512 GB of expandable memory.
The device is backed by a 4000 mAh battery which supports 5V/1A charging over a micro USB port. Nokia says that it can deliver up to 2 days of usage from a single charge, using the AI-assisted Adaptive Battery technology. The phone has a headphone jack and a dedicated Google Assistant Button.
The Nokia 2.3 has two cameras on the back with a 13MP main sensor with an f/2.2 aperture and a 2MP depth sensor, along with an LED Flash. The front camera housed in the notch is a 5MP selfie lens with an f/2.4 aperture. It also serves as a Face Unlock option, which incidentally is the only biometric authentication method on the phone, because the Nokia 2.3 does not have a fingerprint scanner.
Nokia 2.3 Specs
- Display: 6.2-inches HD+, waterdrop notch, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: MediaTek Helio A22
- Memory: 2GB
- Storage: 32GB + up to 512 GB via microSD card
- Battery: 4000 mAh, 5V/1A charging, micro USB 2.0
- Main Cameras: 13 MP f/2.2 aperture + 2MP depth sensor, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP f/2.4 aperture, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 157.69 x 75.41 x 8.68mm
- Weight: 183g
- Connectivity: Dual Nano SIM, 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+Beidou, 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor)
- Misc: Google Assistant Button
- Colours: Cyan Green, Sand, Charcoal
Nokia 2.3 expected price in India
Since the Nokia 2.3 has been priced at 109 Euros, we expect it to be priced similarly at around Rs 8,500 in India.