Motorola has just unveiled its next flagship smartphone Moto Z2 Force along with the 360 Camera Moto Mod at its HelloMotoworld event in New York. Moto Z2 Force sports a 5.5″ Quad HD 1440p (1440 x 2560 pixels) POLED ShatterShield display that is guaranteed not to crack or shatter and is powered by 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform along with 4 GB of RAM. The company offers warranty against shattering & cracking of display and embedded lens for 4 years.
It comes with 64 GB of internal storage along with support for expandable storage via microSD card up to 2 TB. The phone runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat based operating system. In terms of camera, it features a dual camera module at rear consisting of 12 MP dual cameras (monochrome + color) with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX386 sensors, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF along with Laser Auto Focus & 4k video recording. On the front, it comes with 5 MP with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens.
In terms of dimensions, it measures 76 x 155.8 x 6.1 mm and weighs 143 grammes. The phone is backed by 2730 mAh battery and comes with 15W TurboPower Charging support.
Moto Z2 Force specifications
- Display:5.5″ Quad HD 1440p (1440 x 2560 pixels) POLED ShatterShield
- CPU: 2.45GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- GPU:Adreno 540
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB, expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Misc: Single / Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, Water repellent nano-coating, Front-ported loud-speaker, 3 Mics
- Main Camera: 12MP dual rear cameras (monochrome + color) with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX386 sensors, ƒ/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, Laser Auto Focus, 4k video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens
- Dimensions: 76 x 155.8 x 6.1 mm
- Weight: 143g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 (5.0 enabled after Android O), GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 2730 mAh with 15W TurboPower Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Barometer, Proximity, Ultrasonic, Audio monitor
The Moto Z2 Force will be available in Fine Gold & Super Black color options. The phone is priced at $799.99 (~Rs. 52,000) in the U.S. without contract or with $30 per month contract with free Moto Insta-Share Projector Moto Mod for purchases till September 9, 2017. In United States, it is available for pre-order from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon, Best Buy, Motorola.com. The phone will be available August 10. The phone will be launched in countries such as Mexico, Brazil and other countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa starting later this summer. The Moto 360 Camera Mod will be available for US$299.99 (Rs. 19325 approx.) from August 10.