Motorola has announced a new device called the Moto Edge. Here’s everything you need to know about the device from the Lenovo-owned company.
Moto Edge Display and Operating System
The Moto Edge features a 6.8 inches LCD Full HD+ screen with a resolution of 2460 x 1080 pixels, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 20:5:9 Max Vision Aspect Ratio, 90.6% Screen to Body Ratio, with support for 8-bit and 576Hz touch latency. The phone runs on Android 11 with My UX
Moto Edge Processor, Memory, Storage and Battery
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G octa-core mobile platform, with an Adreno 642L GPU, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage. The Moto Edge is backed by a 5000mAh battery that supports 30W TurboPower Fast Charging, over a USB Type-C port.
Moto Edge Cameras
The selfie lens on the device is a 32MP front camera with an f/2.25 aperture. The main camera array on the Moto Edge is a 108MP primary sensor with an f/1.9 aperture, assisted by an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with an 119° FoV and Macro Vision, an f/2.2 aperture, a 2MP Depth Sensor with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash.
Moto Edge Connectivity, Audio, Sensors
The Motorola Moto Edge supports 5G NR band n2/n5/n25/n41/n66/n71/n77/n78, 4G VoLTE mobile networks, in addition to Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz | 6 GHz Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass and Galileo.
The phone has 3 Microphones, a Proximity sensor, an Ambient light sensor, an Accelerometer, a Gyroscope, a Magnetometer (compass), and a Barometer. The Moto Edge is equipped with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and support Face unlock via the selfie camera.
Moto Edge IP Rating, Dimensions and Weight
The Moto Edge is rated IP52 for Water Resistance. The device measures 169 x 75.6 x 8.99mm, and weighs 200g.
Does the Moto Edge have a 3.5mm headphone jack?
No, it does not have an audio jack.
Moto Edge specs
- Display: 6.8 inches LCD Full HD+ 2460 x 1080 pixels, 8-bit, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 20:5:9 Max Vision Aspect Ratio, 90.6% Screen to Body Ratio, 576Hz touch latency
- Operating System: Android 11 with My UX
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778 5G octa-core
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W TurboPower Fast Charging, USB Type-C
- Main Cameras: 108MP primary sensor, f/1.9 aperture + 8MP ultra-wide angle 119° FoV and Macro Vision lens, f/2.2 aperture + 2MP Depth Sensor, f/2.4 aperture LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 32MP, f/2.25 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G: NR band n2/n5/n25/n41/n66/n71/n77/n78, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax 2.4 GHz | 5 GHz | 6 GHz Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, Glonass, Galileo
- Audio: 3 Microphones
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient light, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer (compass), Barometer
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint reader, Face unlock, ThinkShield for mobile
- Rating: IP52 Water Resistant
- Colours: Nebula Blue
- Dimensions: 169 x 75.6 x 8.99mm
- Weight: 200g
Motorola Moto Edge price in the US
The Moto Edge has been priced at $699.99 in the US. But the company is offering a discount of $200 for a limited time, meaning you can buy the Moto Edge for $499.99.
The device goes on pre-sale from August 23rd, and will be available unlocked at Best Buy, B&H Photo, Amazon.com and Motorola.com starting on September 2nd. The phone will be available via Verizon and Spectrum Mobile in the coming months. The Motorola Edge will also be available in Canada in the coming months.