The Moto E6 has been announced in the US. It is an entry level phone, with a design and specs that are extremely outdated.
The phone sports a 5.5-inches HD+ display with an 18:9 aspect ratio. It has a very thick chin, a slightly thinner forehead, and massive bezels. Motorola even had the audacity to include a logo in the humongous chin.
The device runs on stock Android 9 Pie, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core processor clocked @1.4GHz, with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. There is a microSD card slot which supports up to 256GB of expandable memory.
The Moto E6 has a single rear camera which is a 13MP lens, with an f/2.0 aperture that supports 1.12μm pixel size, Phase Detect Auto Focus and an LED Flash. The selfie lens on the phone is a 5MP camera which has an f/2.0 aperture and 1.12μm pixel size. The Moto E6 is backed by a 3000mAh battery, which charged over a microUSB port. The phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack, but it is nearly irrelevant, considering the rest of the specs are poor.
Moto E6 specs
- Display: 5.5-inches IPS HD+ (1440×720 pixels), 18:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 octa-core @1.4GHz
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB + up to 256GB via microSD
- Main Camera: 13MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, PDAF, LED Flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Connectivity: Dual SIM 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 4.2, FM Radio, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 3000mAh, microUSB
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.3 x 8.57 mm
- Weight: 159g
The unlocked Moto E6 has been priced at $149.99 in the U.S. (about Rs. 10,000) via Amazon.com, Best Buy, B&H Photo and Walmart. The device comes in 2 colours: Starry Black and Navy Blue.
Motorola says that the phone will be available at Verizon, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Consumer Cellular and Xfinity Mobile, this summer.