Motorola could be working on the latest version of its budget phone, the Moto E 2016.
And the technical specifications of the device were leaked on GFXBench.
The Moto E 2016 is actually listed in two variants under the model numbers Lenovo XT 1700 and XT 1706, both of which have the exact same internals. It is the presence of the letters XT in the name and the entry level specs, which confirm that it will indeed be the Lenovo owned company’s device, something which was noted by DigitalTrends.
The phone has a 5-inch 720p display, and runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor, a first for Motorola, which normally uses Qualcomm Snapdragon chipsets. The Moto E 2016 has 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage.
The rear camera is 8 megapixels, while the front camera is 5 MP, with both lenses capable of recording FHD 1080p videos. The listing shows that the device has 1 SIM card.
Moto E 2016 Technical Specifications
- Display: 1280 x 720, 5″
- Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor: MediaTek MT6735P (quad core Cortex A53)
- GPU: ARM Mali-T720
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Storage: 16GB
- Rear Camera: 8 MP, FHD 1080p video recording
- Front Camera: 5 MP, FHD 1080p video recording
- Sim Card: 1
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, NFC (unclear), Wi-Fi
- Sensors: Accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, GPS, proximity, light sensor
As always with any leaks, take this one with a pinch of salt.