Xiaomi has delivered on its promise to deliver the MIUI 7 Beta ROMs for its Global devices, by releasing the same today.
The MIUI 7 Beta is now available for the following devices:
- Xiaomi Mi 4
- Xiaomi Mi 3
- Xiaomi Mi 4i
- Redmi 1S
- Redmi 2
- Redmi Note and
- Redmi Note 4G
You can download the new firmware from the link below. Follow this guide to update your Xiaomi/Redmi phone to the shiny new MIUI 7 firmware.
MIUI 7 Beta now available for Xiaomi Mi 4/Mi 3/Mi 4i, Redmi 1S/2/Note/Note 4G:
1. Download the firmware from this page on the MIUI forums. I recommend the Recovery versions. For e.g.: This is the recover compatible firmware for the Xiaomi Mi 4 and Mi 3: “http://bigota.d.miui.com/5.8.22/miui_MI3WMI4WGlobal_5.8.22_f7b3c74238_4.4.zip”
2. Copy it to your phone.
3. Open the Updater App (Or Settings > About Phone > System Updates)
4. Tap on the three dot menu in the top right corner
5. Tap on “Select Update Package”, and navigate to the folder where you copied the firmware update file.
6. Tap on the file to begin the update, and wait for it to complete.
7. You will be prompted to reboot the phone.
It is worth noting that MIUI 7 is still based on Android KitKat, but it does offer a lot of new features, some of which aren’t even in Android Lollipop.
Here are the hash values for the Mi 4/Mi 3 ROM: