YouTube’s mobile app maybe a good way to watch videos on the go, but advertisements may ruin the experience, and they also use up mobile data. We are going to show you how to install YouTube Revanced on your Android phone, and watch videos without ads and sponsored sections.
You should use the GitHub sources given below to download YouTube Revanced. Do not download YouTube Revanced from other websites, as they may be tampered with, and could contain malware.
Note: You will need to allow installation of apps from third-party sources. That’s because YouTube Revanced is not available on the Google Play Store. We will need to sideload the APKs from GitHub.
How to install YouTube Revanced on your Android phone
1. Download Vanced MicroG APK v0.2.24.220220 from GitHub. The file name is microg.apk, and it’s about 11.7 MB is size.
2. Download the latest version of the ReVanced Manager APK from the app’s GitHub page. The latest version of the app is named revanced-manager-v1.13.1.apk.
3. Install both apps using any file manager of your choice.
4. Open the Revanced Manager app. (Ignore any prompts from the app.)
5. Tap on the Patcher tab at the bottom of the screen. (Refer to the 1st screenshot in this article)
6. Tap on “Select an application”.
7. ReVanced Manager will display the suggested version number of the YouTube app. You will need to download the APK for it from APKMirror.com.
Note: Do not download the Bundle version. Instead, you need to get the APK for the nodpi version. For example, the current suggested version of the app is YouTube 18.38.44, which you can download from this page.
8. Install the YouTube app. If you have the latest version of YouTube installed on your phone, the APK could fail to install. To fix this issue, go to Settings > Apps > YouTube > and tap on uninstall updates. Now install YouTube using the APK that you downloaded.
9. Open ReVanced Manager > Patcher > Select Application. Tap on YouTube. It will display a list of patches. Tap on the Patch button. The app will run some commands to install the patches. Wait for it to finish.
10. Tap on the Install button.
Note: Google Play Protect will display a warning that it has blocked an unsafe app. This is a false positive, as Google does not want people to use an ad-free version of YouTube. Tap on “More Details” and then tap on “Install anyway”. The app will be installed alongside the regular YouTube app. Make sure you create a shortcut for YouTube Revanced on your home screen.
And that is how to install YouTube Revanced on your Android phone. You can open the app, and start using it right away.
How to update YouTube Revanced?
Open ReVanced Manager, and it should show the current version of your YouTube app, along with the Suggested version. If the latter is newer, find an APK for it and overwrite your installed app.
Do not update the YouTube app from the Google Play Store. You should disable automatic updates for the app, so it does not get overwritten with a newer version.