Worried that other people may use the apps on your phone? A simple solution for this is to use the App Lock function on your phone to protect your privacy. Here is how to lock apps in MIUI.
Setting up a screen lock is also a good way to ensure nobody accesses your mobile device when you are not in the room. But in case the person knows your screen lock code, that’s when the App Lock can be really useful.
How to lock apps in MIUI
1. Go to the Settings.
2. Scroll down the page, and tap on Apps.
3. Tap on App Lock.
4. Tap on the option that says Turn On.
5. MIUI will prompt you to set up a password. By default, it asks you to draw a pattern by connecting at least 4 dots. You can tap on the change password button to switch to a PIN code (4 numbers) or a Password (4 to 11 characters). Set up your locking method of choice, and repeat it to confirm.
6. You will be asked to add your Mi account, which can be useful to reset your password if you forget it.
7. The next screen will ask you to select the apps that you want to protect. The list may appear short, but that’s just the recommended list. The actual list of apps that you can protect will be displayed after you tap on “Use App Lock”.
Note: Your phone will ask you to enter your screen lock code / fingerprint to enable the App Lock feature.
8. Scroll down the list and toggle the switch next to the app that you would like to protect.
For example, you can set it to protect WhatsApp, Telegram, Gmail, Outlook, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, your banking app, etc. Now, when you try to open the app, it will ask you to enter the App Lock code.