As expected LG has just announced its new flagship device LG V30 at an event at IFA 2017 in Berlin, Germany. LG V30 is the successor of LG V20 and ditches the secondary screen with the new device but brings a new Always-on Display (AOD) feature and Floating Bar. LG claims that this is the first phone that brings the first F1.6 aperture camera lens, the first glass Crystal Clear Lens and the first OLED FullVision display.
It features a 6-inch QHD+ 18:9 OLED FullVision display with a resolution of 2880 x 1440 pixels along with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The phone is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with 64GB (V30) / 128GB (V30+) (UFS 2.0) internal storage along with support for expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD card and runs on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) based operating system with LG UX 6.0+ on top. It includes features such as new Voice Recognition supported by Qualcomm Aqstic voice UI technology for Always-on Display, always-listening capabilities and face recognition unlocking.
In terms of camera, it comes with dual camera module at rear with 16MP primary camera with f/1.6-aperture, dual-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus, OIS, EIS, PDA and another 13MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture. On the front, it features a 5MP shooter with 90-degree wide-angle lens having f/2.2 aperture.
The phone is backed by 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and supports Wireless charging.It includes IP68 certification for water resistance.
LG V30 specifications
- Display: 6-inch QHD+ 18:9 OLED display, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM + ROM: 4GB + 64GB (V30) / 128GB (V30+) (UFS 2.0), expandable up to 2TB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0+
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor, Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- Main Camera: 16MP primary camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, dual-tone LED flash, Laser auto focus, OIS, EIS, PDAF and 13MP secondary camera with f/1.9 aperture, 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 5 MP camera with 90-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3,300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
LG V30 will be available to consumers in South Korea starting September 21 followed by markets in North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The V30 with 64GB ROM comes in four colors Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue and Lavender Violet while the LG V30+ with 128GB of storage will be available in limited markets.