The LG G8s ThinQ has been launched in India. In case you missed it, the South Korean electronics giant had announced the phone at the MWC 2019 tech show.
The device is equipped with a 6.2-inches Full HD+ 2248 x 1080 pixels G-OLED IPS display that has an 18.7:9 aspect ratio and is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The back panel is has a Corning Gorilla Glass 6 panel.
The G8s ThinQ has a large notch, but for a good reason. It houses an 9MP selfie lens with an f/1.9 aperture, 1.12um pixel size, a Z Camera (ToF) sensor and an Infrared illuminator. This enables the phone to support 3D Face Unlock, Hand ID (Vein recognition for Palm identification), Air Motion gestures to navigate the gallery, answer calls, control the volume, etc.
The main cameras on the LG G8s ThinQ comprises a triple-lens setup aligned horizontally with a 12MP primary lens with an f/1.8 aperture, 1.4㎛ pixel size, a 13MP wide-angle lens with an f/2.4 aperture, 1.0㎛ pixel size and a 12MP telephoto lens with an f/2.6 aperture, 1.0㎛ pixel size. The cameras support Optical Image Stabilization, Dual Phase Detect Auto Focus, and Electronic Image Stabilization.
The LG G8s ThinQ runs on Android 9 Pie, has a dedicated Google Assistant Key, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The phone supports upto 2TB of expandable memory via a microSD card slot. A fingerprint scanner is placed on the back panel. The phone has a 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speakers and a 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC for audio.
The device is backed by a 3550 mAh battery which charges over a USB Type-C port and supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
LG G8s ThinQ Specs
- Display: 6.2-inches Full HD+ 2248 x 1080 pixels G-OLED fullvision IPS, 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 1000 nit, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 (Front) & 6 (Rear)
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie + Google Assistant Key
- Processor: 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (2.84+ GHz x 1 + 2.42+ GHz x 3 + 1.79+ GHz x 4)
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB + upto 2TB microSD
- Battery: 3550 mAh, USB Type-C, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Main Cameras:12MP (F1.8, 1.4㎛) Wide 13MP (F2.4, 1.0㎛) Tele12MP (F2.6, 1.0㎛), OIS+, Dual PDAF, EIS
- Selfie Camera: 8MP (f/1.9, 1.12㎛) Z Camera (ToF), Infrared illuminator, Air Motion & Vein Recognition
- Sensors: Proximity, Ambient Light, Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Gyroscope
- Dimensions: 155.3 x 76.6 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 179g
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (4G Nano), Dual Standby, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, A-GPS, S-GPS, Miracast, USB OTG
- Misc: 3D Face Unlock, Fingerprint ID, and Hand ID, DTX:S 3D Sound, 32-Bit Hi-Fi Quad Digital-to-Analog Converter, Fingerprint scanner, IP68 certified water/dust resistance, MIL-STD-810G Tested
- Colour: Mirror Black
LG G8s ThinQ price in India
The LG G8s ThinQ has been priced at Rs. 36,990 and will be available in stores soon. The phone is available for a discounted price of Rs. 35,990 on Amazon as part of the Great Indian Festival Sale. You can avail a further Rs. 2,000 discount using an SBI Credit Card, Debit Card (excl. RuPay/Maestro) or Credit Card EMI transactions to bring the price down to Rs. 33,990 during the sale.