The LG G8 ThinQ has been announced at the MWC 2019 tech show in Barcelona. The South Korean company’s flagship features triple rear cameras.
The optics setup consists of a 16MP Super Wide lens with an f/1.9 aperture, a 12MP standard lens with an f/1.5 aperture, and a 12MP telephoto lens with an f/2.4 aperture and an LED Flash. There is a dual camera variant of the G8 ThinQ which matches a previous leak.
The LG G8 ThinQ sports a 6.1-inches QHD+ 2K OLED display, with an 19.5:9 aspect ratio and a regular notch. The notch is home to dual selfie lenses, which are an 8MP camera with an f/1.7 aperture, and a ToF sensor. The device is backed by a 3,500 mAh battery which supports Quick Charge 3.0.
The LG G8 ThinQ is equipped with a Hand ID sensor, which allows you to use various gestures on the device. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie, and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. It has a rear-placed fingerprint scanner.
LG G8 ThinQ Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.1-inch 19.5:9 QHD+ OLED FullVision (3120 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Memory: 6GB RAM / 128GB / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Rear Cameras: 16MP Super Wide (F1.9 / 1.0μm / 107˚) + 12MP Standard (F1.5 / 1.4μm / 78˚) + 12MP Telephoto (F2.4 / 1.0μm / 45˚)
- Front Cameras: 8MP Standard (F1.7 / 1.22μm / 80˚ with AF) + Z Camera (ToF Technology)
- Battery: 3500mAh Quick Charge 3.0
- Connectivity: 4G LTE-A, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C, FM Radio
- Biometrics Hand ID / Face Unlock / Fingerprint Sensor
- Colors: Carmine Red / New Aurora Black / New Moroccan Blue
- Other: Air Motion, Boombox Speaker + Crystal Sound OLED Stereo Speaker, Super Far Field Voice Recognition, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS:X 3D Surround Sound, IP68 Water and Dust Resistance, MIL-STD 810G Compliance
- Dimensions: 151.9 x 71.8 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 167g
There will be a cheaper version of the device called the LG G8s ThinQ, which uses a 6.2-inch 1080p FullHD+ display with an 18:7:9 aspect ratio, 6GB of RAM, 65GB/128GB of Storage. Instead of the 16MP Ultra Wide angle lens, the G8s ThinQ has a 13MP Wide angle lens. The rest of the tech specs are similar to the LG G8.
The LG G8 ThinQ does not have an official price yet.