Few days back we talked about how to install Ice Cream Sandwich ICS 4.0 port on LG P500. Today we will talk about how to install a MIUI port of Ice Cream Sandwich ICS 4.0, based on CyanogenMod 9 on LG P500. This MIUI port is released by fundoozzz and based on the same CM9 Beta 4 source by Lupohirp at XDA .
What is not Working
- Data (WiFi does work)
- Keyboard (Only with stock Kernel. Need to flash Franco kernel to make it work)
Keep in mind, this MIUI ROM here is just Alpha 2a version which simply means that its not for daily use and if you decide to use it then you may face issues with it.
- Full HWAcceleration
- Electron Beam OFF
- Theme Chooser
Change log of last two updates
- Based on Beta 4 Testing
- Theme Chooser Works (need to make theme folder)
- Lockscreen wallpaper works
- Status bar & Wallpaper Disappearing on Reboot Fixed
- Removed Crap, made ROM sleeker & faster
- Browser & Gmail not working for some people fixed
- Updated sources to MIUI 2.2.24.
- System is much much snappier then before, u will surely notice
- New Ubercool music player with EQ
- Misplaced keyboard fixed
Install MIUI Port of Ice Cream Sandwich ICS 4.0
Put the files on your SD Card’s main folder for easy navigation since the recovery mode is tough to navigate with hard keys.
- Your phone must be rooted and you must have ClockworkMod installed on your smartphone to boot your phone into your recovery Mode.
- After you boot in recovery mode, use your Volume key at right side of phone to scroll up and down. You need to clear few settings before you can flash to your phone to the new ROM.
- Clear user Data/factory reset>> Clear/wipe Cache >> clear Dalvik Cache. Dalvik cache option comes under advance options in recovery mode.
- After this choose install zip from sdcard option.
- Select the ROM (the same file that you just downloaded i.e miui alpha2-signed.zip) to install. Your ROM will begin to install.
- Once installed press the back button few times to go back to the main screen of Clockwork Recovery.Choose reboot system now.
- You need to reboot to recovery again to install the Google Apps. Use Gapps file downloaded from the link above for flashing it.
Keyboard works by installing Franco Kernel
You need to flash Franco Kernel to make the Keyboard work. You can Flash Franco Kernel #4 from here.