LG P500 or Optimus one is officially not supported for any upgrades above Android 2.3 i.e Gingerbread. But thanks to Developers, we already have a fully working Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich ICS ROM for LG P500. TO be honest, when Android 4.1 Jelly Bean got released, most owners of LG P500 were of the view that it would not be possible to develop a ROM for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for LG P500 or Optimus one. Looks like Developers are going to prove many of us wrong. Thanks to XDA forum member laz3r69, a partially working Jelly Bean ROM is available based on work in progress CyanogenMod 10 and if you are a bit impatient, you can install it on your Optimus one.
What is Working
- Mobile Data (NEEDS TESTING)
- Audio as in ICS
- H/W Acceleration
- Bluetooth(NEEDS TESTING)
What is not Working
- GAPPS (Partially)
- USB Mass Storage
This is the first release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM and hence this is far from perfect or even a stable ROM. Apart from the above list of not working features on phone, there are loads of bugs present in ROM which include Force closing or crashing of Phone App at start-up and Battery Drain issue. Hopefully, with more work and testing in future we can have a stable and almost perfect working Android 4.1 Jelly Bean ROM for our LG P500 or Optimus one device.
Also, keep in mind that due to Hardware limitations, everything may not work even in the future e.g Project Butter, but we are keeping our fingers crossed with a hope that we will get a stable Jelly Bean ROM for Optimus one in future.
Files Needed for installing the ROM
Save the above two files (ROM and GApps ) on your Phone SD Card main folder for easy navigation since the Recovery mode is tough to navigate with hard keys.
- Boot your phone into your recovery Mode using your existing ROM option using Power button (if it has) or by holding VOL DOWN + HOME + POWER keys.
- After you boot in recovery mode, use your Volume key at right side of phone to scroll up and down. You should clear few settings and Cache before you can proceed to flash the new Jelly Bean ROM on your phone.
- Clear user Data/factory reset >> Format System >> Format Boot,>> Clear/wipe Cache >> clear Dalvik Cache. Dalvik cache option comes under advance options in recovery mode.
- After this choose install zip from SDcard option.
- Select the Jelly Bean ROM Zip file (the same file that you just downloaded above) to start the install. Now your ROM will begin to install.
- Once installed press the back button few times to go back to the main screen of Clockwork Recovery.Choose reboot system now.
- to install GApps, you need to reboot again and flash the zip file using the “flash zip” option.
- Reboot your Phone again and now you can enjoy the Jelly Bean.
As this ROM is released just today, I am still to test it fully. I am going to use it for few days and will update this post with my experience about this Jelly Bean ROM.
Source and Image Credits: XDA