The phone is equipped with a 16MP pop-up selfie camera, which eliminates the need for a notch or a punch-hole placement. The Y9 Prime 2019 has an impressive 91% screen to body ratio, for the 6.59 inches Full HD+.
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 runs on EMUI 9 with Android 9 Pie, and has a Hisilicon Kirin 710F processor under the hood with 4GB of RAM, and 128GB of storage. Surprisingly the 64GB variant of the phone hasn’t been launched in India, but the pricing is also lower than expected.
In the primary camera department, the phone features triple cameras with a 16MP main lens, assisted by an 8MP ultra-wide angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. The Y9 Prime 2019 is backed by a 4,000 mAh battery. A fingerprint scanner is placed on the rear panel.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specs
- Display: 6.59 inches TFT LCD (LTPS), Full HD+ 2340 x 1080 pixels, 391 PPI, 91% screen to body ratio
- Processor: Hisilicon Kirin 710F
- Operating System: EMUI 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 28 GB + up to 512GB microSD
- Front camera: 16 MP FF
- Rear cameras: 16 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi Hotspot, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS / GLONASS / AGPS
- Sensors: Fingerprint sensor, Ambient light sensor, Digital compass, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope sensor
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 77.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 197g