Huawei India has officially announced the launch date of its 2016 flagship phone, the Huawei P9, in the Country. The device was originally launched in April this year.
The Huawei P9 sports a 5.2-inch Full HD 1080p Super AMOLED display, with 423 ppi, and runs on Android v6.0 Marshmallow.
It is powered by an octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 955 processor with a Mali-T880 MP4 GPU and 4GB of RAM. The device has 64GB of internal storage, and supports upto 256GB of expandable memory via a microSD card.
The Huawei P9 features dual 12 megapixel Leica cameras on the rear, with a monochrome sensor, a 4-colour RGBW Sensor, an f/2.2 aperture, phase detection autofocus and Dual LED flash. The selfie lens is an 8 megapixel front camera with an f/1.9 aperture. The phone is backed by a 3000 mAh battery, and supports Dual SIM Cards, of which one is a Hybrid card slot which can be used for a Nano Sim card or a microSD card. The P9 has a rear placed fingerprint scanner and a USB Type-C port.
The P9 has a metal unibody design with a brushed finish. The phone comes in 4 colours: titanium Grey, Mystic Silver, Prestige Gold and Rose Gold.
Huawei P9 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch full HD 1080p Super AMOLED, 423 ppi
- Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Processor: HiSilicon Kirin 955 octa-core (4 x 2.53GHz and 4 x 1.8GHz)
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- GPU: Mali-T880
- Rear Camera: 12.0 megapixels dual Leica lens, monochrome sensor, 4-colour RGBW Sensor, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF (phase detection autofocus), Dual LED flash
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Ports: USB Type-C
- Sensors: Fingerprint scanner
- SIM: Dual SIM Card (micro SIM + Hybrid Nano SIM/microSD card)
The Huawei P9 will be launched on August 17th in India, and this is the invite that the company sent to AndroidPure.
The device will be sold exclusively on Flipkart.