HTC has officially launched its 2016 flagship device, the HTC 10.
The Taiwan company has dropped the traditional “M” from its name.
The HTC 10 sports a 5.2-inch, Quad HD super LCD 5 display with a pixel density of 564 ppi and Curve edge Gorilla Glass.The phone runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense 8.0 UI. It is powered by a 64bit Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor clocked at 2.2 GHz with 4GB RAM. The phone comes in two sto storage variants: 32GB/64GB storage, and supports expandable memory (up to 2TB) via a microSD slot.
The main camera of the HTC 10 is a 12MP HTC UltraPixel 2 rear camera, which has a laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), an f/1.8 aperture, Auto-HDR, 12X Slow motion mode, and 4K video recording. The front camera is a 5MP lens, also with autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), and an f/1.8 aperture.
Audio wise, the phone has HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi, Dolby Audio and three microphones with noise cancellation, The HTC 10 has a USB Type-C port, a Nano SIM card slot, and a Fingerprint Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G-sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor and a Magnetic sensor. Connectivity options on the device include NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE and more. The phone is backed by a 3000 mAh battery which supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. The device has a metal body and a full glass front.
HTC 10 Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.2-inch, Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels), super LCD 5, 564 ppi, Curve edge Gorilla Glass
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 820
- Platform: Android 6.0 Marshmallow with HTC Sense 8.0
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB storage expandable up to 2TB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 12MP (HTC UltraPixel 2), laser autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture, Pro mode, Auto-HDR, Zoe Capture, hyperlapse, 12X Slow motion mode, 4K video recording with Hi-Res Audio
- Front Camera: 5MP (1.34MICROm pixels), autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), f/1.8 aperture with ultra wide-angle lens, Live Makeup, Auto-HDR
- Sound: HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition, Dolby Audio, Personal Audio Profile, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Hi-Res Audio Earphones, Three microphones with noise cancellation, Hi-Res Audio Stereo Recording
- Connection: USB Type-C
- SIM card: Nano SIM
- Connectivity: NFC, BT 4.2, [email protected]: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Motion G-sensor, Compass sensor, Gyro sensor, Magnetic sensor, Sensor Hub
- Battery: 3000 mAh, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0 mm
- Weight: 161g
The HTC 10 has been priced at $699.99, and is available in four colors: Carbon Grey, Glacier Silver, Topaz Gold, and Camellia Red.