The Honor 8C India launch just took place, in rather unusual fashion via a pre-recorded launch video. The mid-range phone will compete with the likes of the Redmi 6 Pro and the Realme 1.
Here is a recap of the device’s spec sheet. The Honor 8C sports a 6.26-inch HD+ display, with a notch design and has an aspect ratio of 19:9. The phone has an 82% screen to body ratio, and runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with Huawei’s EMUI 8.2.
The Honor 8C is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor with 4GB of RAM, and has 32GB/64GB of storage, with a microSD card slot that supports up to 256GB of expandable memory. The camera department of the device comprises of an 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture, and dual rear cameras powered by A.I. The lenses are 13MP with an f/1.8 aperture and 2MP with an f/2.4 aperture.
The battery on the Honor 8C is a 4,000 mAh cell, and the device weighs 167g. The phone has a fingerprint scanner placed on the rear panel.
Honor 8C Technical Specifications
- Display: 6.26-inch HD+ 1520 x 720 pixels, 19:9 aspect ratio, 82% screen to body ratio, 269 PPI
- Operating System: EMUI 8.2 + Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 32GB/64GB + up to 256GB microSD dedicated slot
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Rear Cameras: 13MP, f/1.8 aperture + 2MP, f/2.4 aperture
- Security: Fingerprint Scanner
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Compass
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Dimensions: 157.2 x 76 x 0 mm
- Weight: 167g
Honor 8C India Price
The Honor 8C has been priced at Rs. 11,999 in India, for the 32GB storage variant, while the 64GB storage model will retail for Rs. 12,999. The Honor 8C is available in Aurora Blue, Midnight Black, and Platinum Gold colours.
Honor 8C India Sale Date
The phone will be sold exclusively through Amazon India and the Honor online store, from December 10th.
The price seems to be expensive for a phone which has a Snapdragon 632 processor, as it is just an overclocked variant of the SD625. You may find phones like the Zenfone Max Pro M1, or the Realme 2 Pro a better value for money option.