The Google Pixel 6a is here. The Mountain View company announced the mid-range handset at its annual developer conference, the Google I/O 2022.
The Pixel 6a is equipped with a 6.1 inches AMOLED Full HD+ display that supports 60Hz Refresh Rate. The screen has a 20:9 Aspect Ratio, is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3, and supports HDR, 24-bit, Always-On Display, 1,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio. The mobile has an in-display fingerprint reader.
The device runs on Android 12 out of the box, Google says it will support it by delivering 5 years of Security Updates to the phone. The Google Pixel 6a is powered by the Google Tensor processor just like the flagship phones, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. The 6a’s chipset is assisted by a Titan M2 security chip. It has 6GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and 128GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
The selfie camera on the handset is an 8MP f/2.0 lens that supports 1080p video recording at 30 frames per second. The Google Pixel 6a has dual cameras on the rear housed in a horizontal camera bump. The setup comprises a 12.2 megapixels primary lens with an f/1.7 aperture, a 12MP Ultra wide-angle lens with an f/2.2, and an LED Flash module. The phone supports Phase Detect AutoFocus and 4k video recording at 30fps.
Sensors on the Pixel 6a include a Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Magnetometer, and a Barometer. The Google Pixel 6a packs a 4,410mAh battery that supports 18W USB PD Fast-charging through a USB Type-C port. Connectivity-wise, the phone supports 5G and 4G LTE mobile networks, Wi-Fi 6 and 6E 802.11ax with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, and GPS location services.
The Pixel 6a has a 3D thermoformed Composite back, a Tactile alloy frame, and has been certified with an IP67 Rating for dust and water-resistance. The phone has Stereo Speakers and 2 Microphones.
Does the Google Pixel 6a have a headphone jack?
No, the Pixel 6a does not have a 3.5mm audio jack.
Google Pixel 6a specs
- Display: 6.1 inches AMOLED Full HD+, 60Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, HDR, 24-bit, Always-On Display, 1,000,000:1 Contrast Ratio
- Operating System: Android 12 + 5 years of Security Updates
- Processor: Google Tensor
- Security: Titan M2, In-display fingerprint scanner
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB UFS 3.1
- Main Cameras: 12.2 megapixels f/1.7 aperture + 12MP Ultra wide-angle lens, f/2.2, PDAF, LED Flash, 4k@30fps
- Selfie Camera: 8MP f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- Sensors: Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyrometer, Magnetometer, Barometer
- Battery: 4,410mAh, 18W USB PD Fast-charging, USB Type-C port
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6 and 6E 802.11ax with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS
- Design: 3D thermoformed Composite back, Tactile alloy frame, IP67 Rating
- Colours: Chalk, Charcoal and Sage
- Audio: Stereo Speakers, 2 Microphones
Google Pixel 6a price in US, UK and Australia
The Google Pixel 6a has been priced at $449 in the U.S (about Rs. 35,000), at £399 in UK, and $749 in Australia. The device will be available for pre-order starting July 21st. The mobile comes in 3 colours: Chalk, Charcoal, and Sage.
Which countries is the Google Pixel 6a available in?
Google says that the Pixel 6a will be available in the Google Store in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States.
Is the Google Pixel 6a available in India
Google has confirmed that the Pixel 6a will be available later in India.